Saturday, March 21, 2015

What does it feel like?

As of right now, I am drinking a nice red wine and staring out the window of my apartment. It is crazy how time flies and how much I have developed as a person, emotionally and mentally. (Physically, I have grown too because of the delicious food in Europe! :P) I have approximately 16 days left as a study abroad student and I cannot express how sad I am to leave this place. I have built amazing relationships with people who are from the area, have gotten use to the culture, and even use to eating a baguette everyday with Nutella ou fromage. I can vividly remember my first day in Pau, FR and how lonely I felt being in a country that I didn't know and how badly I wanted to go back to the states. Now, I am dreading the fact that I have to go back to America and figure out what I want to do with my life. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to travel abroad and live in a foreign country and appreciate the little things in life. It definitely showcases how blessed I am to be where I am today.

2 Things that I have happened to me that I didn't let me get down. (Mainly technology) :P
1. I broke my iPhone screen the second week of being in Pau, FR. I was phoneless for about 3 weeks, however; I was determined to get my phone fixed so I went onto Amazon.fr and bought 2 iphone screens to fix my phone. Because of my determination, I was able to fix it and have a phone! The reason I bought two screens is because the first time I fixed my phone, I didn't do it right because I didn't snap the cords correctly and so when I placed my screen on my phone, I accidently pressed to hard and the screen cracked. However, learning from that mistake, I knew exactly what to do to fix my phone so when I purchased my 2nd screen, I was able to fix my phone flawlessly.

2. In Paris, it was my birthday weekend and other than going to the museums in Paris, I wanted to go to the Eiffel Tower, badly. Well, it was a Saturday and my friends and I just finished site seeing the city and went to Musée D'orsay, and on the train to the Eiffel Tower. Moments of getting off the train, I DROPPED MY CAMERA. My lens broke, and during this time, I was phoneless as well. The only thing I had was my iPad. The only pictures of the only place I wanted to see was taken on my iPad. Luckily, there is amazon.fr so I was able to buy another lens. Phewwww.

Advice:

1. Be confident, get ready to accept the challenges ahead, because its all worth it. Every single bit.
2. Don't assume that everyone speaks English. If you go to a new country, try to engage in their culture and language.
3. Believe in yourself and believe in the good of others. I have had a lot of people help me along my journey; however, you have to trust your instincts.

No comments:

Post a Comment